Author: Ryson - 7-1-2011
Our goal is to give our guests an incredible vacation rental experience on Galveston Island. We will make sure that everything regarding your rental is in working order. The properties are well maintained, tidy, and you are provided with all the basic necessities. We strive in making your Galveston vacation one you will take pleasure in and remember. Our knowledgeable staff is available to you for any questions or problems that may occur during your stay.
Our price rates are as follows and are subject to change. All properties have a weekly, Friday to Friday, and weekend base rate, as well as a 15% hotel tax, cleaning/linens fee, and a reservation fee. You will find that our competitive rates are among the best in Galveston.
RESERVATIONS AND PAYMENTS
Sellinggalveston.com makes it easy to book your next vacation rental. Browse our website at any time for photographs, descriptions, and information about beautiful Galveston. Once you have browsed our inventory, you can contact us at 409.515.1446, by emailing us directly from the website, or by visiting our Galveston office during office hours - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
Please appoint one person in your party to be accountable for expenses, property damages and all responsibilities herein and in the rental contract; this accountable party’s primary residence address will be used for all notices and communication.
Once you have contacted us and made a reservation, we will mail, email, or fax you a rental contract and guest registration forms. Your reservation is not confirmed until we receive these signed documents and an advance payment. The advance payment is 50% of the total, if it is more than 30 days prior to your arrival, and the full amount of the rental if less than 30 days. Linens and towels are also provided, and standard beds are made.
You may pay by credit card, check, or cash. The advance payment is due with your signed rental contract and completed guest registration forms within ten days of making the reservation. The remaining balance is due at check-in and may be paid by credit card (Visa or MasterCard accepted) or cash. No checks will be honored at check-in.
RESERVATIONS MADE FEWER THAN 30 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL
If your reservation is made fewer than 30 days prior to check-in, it must be paid in full - either by using a credit card or in person at our office. Checks are not accepted for reservations made fewer than 30 days prior to arrival.
CHOOSING YOUR VACATION RENTAL
Our rental homes are individually owned and reflect the tastes of their owners. They vary in size, furnishings and amenities. Please view numerous photos on our website.
We have rental properties in several different areas of Galveston Island. Our Rental Agents would be happy to assist you with any specific questions you may have regarding views or beach access.
Beachfront: there is nothing between the house and the Gulf, except a dune, a dune crossover.
Beach view: the house is on the Gulf side of FM 3005. You may or may not have a view of the Gulf. Your walk to the beach could be as little as 20 yards or up to 4 blocks, depending upon the location of the house.
Canal/Bay: the home is located either on a canal or on Galveston Bay, across FM 3005 from the beach.
HOUSES and AMENITIES
All vacation rental properties feature standard items including telephone, cable, central air/heat, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, pots and pans, dishes, utensils and glassware. All other specific amenities for each rental home are listed in the individual home description on our website. Hot tubs, additional TVs, VCRs, DVDs, porch furniture, dock access, recreational games, equipment and similar items may be provided by the owner, but are not guaranteed.
All of the equipment at each property should be in working order upon check in. Please report any problems to the office immediately. You can expect a professional and understanding attitude to problem solving, and we will make every reasonable effort to resolve the issue in a timely manor. Please understand that emergencies take priority. The furniture in each property should be left the same way in which you found it upon your arrival. It is not the duty of our cleaning service to rearrange the furniture after your departure. There will be a charge if this occurrs. In a problematic situation, under no circumstances will there be a reduction of rent for any mechanical failure of air conditioners, dishwashers, refrigerators, washers, dryers, cable, satellite TV, televisions, VCRs, DVD Players, hot tubs, swimming pools or any other amenity.
Sheets and towels are provided; each home will have the number of linens to suit the capacity of the rental home. Standard beds will be made up with linens, blankets and a bedspread. Everything will be ready prior to your arrival date. Please be sure that all linens are kept in the home, and will be checked after your departure.
WHAT TO BRING
Condiments, coffee filters, paper towels, plastic wrap and aluminum foil, trash bags, bath soap, shampoo, toilet paper, charcoal, beach umbrella, beach chairs, beach towels, sun block, and anything to make your Galveston vacation a memorable one!
TELEPHONES AND INTERNET ACCESS
Telephones are available in each home for local and emergency use only. Almost all of our rental homes do have high speed and/or wireless internet access. If this is a concern of yours, be sure to ask the Rental Agent about the matter.
HOLIDAYS AND PEAK SEASON RENTALS
The following holidays require a three-night minimum stay: Memorial Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and during Spring Break weeks in March. In the peak season we will require that weekly rentals consist of a Friday to Friday visit. In some circumstances we may be able to make an exception, please ask a rental agent if this is an issue.
Check-in time for all guests is 3:00 p.m. Please allow our housekeeping staff time to prepare your vacation home properly. Late check-ins are available for your convenience, please inquire details from a rental agent.
During Low and Mid seasons, check-in days and arrival times may be more flexible based upon availability. Check with our office prior to arrival to see if early check-in is possible.
Check-out time is 11:00 a.m.
During Mid and Low Seasons and for two-night rentals, check-out days and departure times may be more flexible based upon availability. Check with our office prior to departure to see if late check-out is feasible.
We work very hard to maintain a quiet family atmosphere for the enjoyment of our guests and neighbors. We will rent only to family groups and responsible adults over the age of 23. Any use of the vacation home for purposes other than family vacations must be addressed at the time of the reservation. We do not rent to youth groups without adult supervision. Adults must not rent properties on behalf of underage guests. In certain circumstances, a refundable security deposit will be required.
Our website indicates the maximum number of guests allowed in each house. All guests must be listed on the Guest Registration form.
Most units do not allow pets, however, some owners may allow pets with a pet deposit. Check with a booking agent for more information.
CANCELLATIONS, REFUNDS & SUBSTITUTIONS
We understand that there can be unforeseen emergencies that could cause you to cancel your reservation. We'll try to work with you to resolve the situation. However, please note our cancellation policy:
We do not give refunds for rainy days or overcast skies.
We do not give refunds for hurricanes or mandatory evacuations during hurricane or severe storm threats. We strongly recommend that you take Trip Cancellation and Travel Interruption insurance.
No refunds will be given for early departures.
Power, cable and telephone outages occur occasionally on Galveston Island and they are out of our control. We will report the outages; however, no refunds will be given due to outages.
There is no refund for appliance, plumbing or mechanical failure, utility failure, or circumstances beyond our control.
Once your reservation is confirmed (when the advance payment, signed rental contract, and completed guest registration forms are received) any cancellations, changes of dates or switching of homes will invoke the cancellation policy.
Ryson offers travel insurance. Please be sure to speak with an agent about how you might add that insurance.
Once you have entered into a contract to rent a property, you are binding yourself to that property for that time. There should be no expectation of compensation or relocation because you do not like the property, or something in the property isn't working to your satisfaction. As previously stated, we will make every effort to correct any malfunctions or problems encountered, but no refunds should be expected. The owners of Ryson Vacation Rentals reserve the right to cancel a confirmed reservation (with good reason) at any time prior to taking occupancy of the property.
HURRICANE POLICY, MANDATORY EVACUATIONS & TRAVEL INSURANCE
Ryson Vacation Rentals does not offer refunds in the event of a mandatory hurricane evacuation. Again, we strongly recommend that guests purchase Travel Insurance for stays occurring during hurricane season (June 1 through November 30.)
LOST & FOUND
Ryson Vacation Rentals is not responsible for items left behind in houses. We will make an attempt to locate lost items, but can't guarantee that we will find them. Please check your house carefully before leaving.
Ryson Vacation Rentals requires a fully refundable damage deposit for each rental property. The damage deposit for rental of a house is $500 and the deposit for a condo is $300. If pets are allowed at the property and choses to bring pet, Ryson is to be notified and an additional refundable $200 pet deposit is required. The damage deposit is taken the day of check in and is released after check out, pending no damages reported. Ryson also charges an administrative fee if a damage report has to be processed.
Damages totaling $1-$50 : Fee of $10
Damages totaling $51- $200 : Fee of $25
Damages totaling $201 or more : Fee of $50
***Additional damage report information is given in the Ryson Vacation Rental Renter's Agreement.
PRICES, TAXES & FURNISHINGS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
WELCOME! We hope you enjoy your stay. To help ensure your visit is pleasurable and memorable, please take a few moments to read the following. Please feel free to call us with any questions not covered in this letter. Failure to abide by property rules will result in termination of rental agreement for non-compliance; no refund shall be due. Each property is privately owned and furnished.
DO NOT REMOVE ANYTHING from suite. Each suite is carefully inspected upon your departure with an itemized list, ANYTHING missing from suite will be billed directly to occupant; (this includes linens, silverware, glasses, décor, etc.). Please do not use towels in suite for beach towels (excessive cleaning will apply). ALL UNITS ARE NON-SMOKING.
SMOKING ALLOWED ON BALCONIES ONLY. ($200 smoking fee will apply if smoking is reported inside the unit)
1. Parking: We are not responsible for vehicles while being parked at the property. A maximum number of vehicles will be determined by the space available at the property. Carpooling is highly suggested. If bringing multiple vehicles it is your responsibility to find additional parking.
2. NO PETS OF ANY KIND ALLOWED unless approved by owner. Violators must remove any animal or leave. No refunds given. Guest may also be charged an extermination fee, plus one night rental charge for loss of income due to down time. Any damages will be put on the credit card on file.
3. Patios and balconies are to be kept clean and neat at all times. Entryways are to be kept clear and unblocked. No towels, bathing suites, clothing, or any other item is to be draped from balcony area.
4. No sandy feet in house please
5. Electric BBQ ONLY shall be allowed on balconies. Gas or charcoal BBQ may be used in common areas AWAY from building and property structures.
6. ALL REGISTERED GUESTS SHALL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACTIONS OF THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS, OR UNITS OCCUPANTS, AND ALL VISITORS.
7. CHECK - IN AND CHECK - OUT: CHECK-IN IS BETWEEN 3pm AND 5pm AS SOON AS UNIT IS CLEANED AND READY. CHECK-OUT IS NO LATER THAN 11am AND STRICTLY ENFORCED DURING PEAK AND BUSY TIMES. Early BALANCES DUE MUST BE PAID UPON CHECK - IN. Overstaying the Check-Out time of 11:00 AM may result in an additional fee of $500.00 per hour.
8. LOST KEY FEE; $30.00
9. EXCESS FEES: Please remove all trash to avoid additional charges! At NO time shall trash be set by front door. IT MUST BE REMOVED FROM THE PROPERTY AND PLACED IN RECEPTACLE. If trash receptacles become filled during your stay, it is your responsibility to remove any excess trash from the home. A fee of $38.50 (PER LOAD) will be charged to your reservation if we must remove the trash. After business hours there shall be a $30.00 lock-out fee, due and payable in Cash, at the time of receiving key. Office hours are DAILY 9:00 AM TO 5:00 PM. If you report a problem that would require a service call you will not be billed for the visit if it there is a legitimate reason for the visit not caused by you.
If you report a problem and the responding serviceman finds the visit to be problem free or user error, you will be billed for the service call.
EXAMPLE: If the imput is wrong on the TV and we call a cableman, you will be charged for the visit. If there is a reported AC problem and you have it set to FAN and not AC, you will be billed for the service call.
No loud music, TV, instruments, loud voices shall exceed your unit. Noisy disorderly or offensive conduct, or conduct annoying or disturbing to other residents will NOT be tolerated. NO HOUSE PARTIES. UNDERAGE DRINKING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED; ANY VIOLATIONS ARE SUBJECT TO REMOVAL; NO REFUNDS. Any damages for excessive cleaning upon your departure, or additional charges or damages for furnishings, appliances, plumbing, etc., due to the negligence of guest shall be billed to guest. LOCK-OUT FEES: 10. Please check your suite upon arrival. Report any discrepancy or problem with A/C, phone, TV, etc. to office as soon as the problem is realized. Refunds or discounts will not be made to maintenance related problems.
We will make every effort to correct the problem as soon as possible, or move you to another suite, if possible.
Any maintenance related problems, dissatisfaction with suite, view, etc. will be handled during business hours.
Trash bags, toiletry items, soaps, etc. are not replenished.
11. CANCELLATION POLICY AND REFUNDS:
Ryson cannot be held responsible for cancellation due to death in the family, inclement weather, car trouble, etc.
****You are a valued guest and we want to do everything possible to make your trip enjoyable and worry free. Because certain unforeseen circumstances can occur before you leave or when you’re away from home. We recommend Travel Guard’s Vacation Rental Insurance Plan. Travel Guard is a separate company than Ryson and would be responsible for any reimbursement should there be a cancellation outside of our 24 hour policy.****
If you are forced to cancel your reservation, you may forfeit 100%
You can protect your valuable Reservation investment for only: $ %%VACATION_INSURANCE_PRICE%%
Refunds are available on bookings made within 24 hours and will be subject to a $35 fee.
12. PERSON RESERVING UNIT MUST BE AT LEAST 23 YEARS OF AGE AND MUST OCCUPY THE UNIT THE FULL LENGTH OF THE STAY.
13. The City of Galveston has a curfew law. We kindly ask that guest try to follow these guidelines. Guests 16 and under; indoors by 10:00 pm, guests ages 16 & 17; indoors by midnight.
14. PLEASE be considerate, and do not run a/c or heater with doors and/or windows open. If caught management will charge a $100.00 A/C FEE
DIRECTIONS to Ryson Office: From I-45 South, exit 1A 61st Street. Turn right on 61st Street go 0.8 miles. Once you pass the first light on 61st Stree (Heards Ln) we will be apx 1 block further on the right side of the road.
DIRECTIONS TO Property: Will be provided at check-in.
These guidelines have been established and set in place to help ensure that everyone's visit is a pleasurable and memorable one, and will be strictly enforced. THANK YOU; WE HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR STAY!
EMERGENCY AFTER HOURS: 409-526-8609
Guest Rules for Beach Rentals
Our units are privately owned, so please treat them as your own.
THE FOLLOWING RULES ARE FOR THE BENEFITS OF THE GUESTS:
1. Firearms of any type are not permitted in the units.
2. No cooking on balconies.
3. Loud parties or unruly guests/visitors are prohibited and will result in an immediate eviction.*NO REFUNDS*
4. Please leave trash in its proper receptacles. All garbage must be placed in plastic garbage bags before putting them in trash cans. Garbage over and above the allotted number of cans will be charged a trash hauling fee of $38.50 , excessive bags will be charged an additional $38.50.
5. Hanging towels or items from balcony is strictly prohibited.
6. Indoor furniture is not allowed to be used or placed on the balcony.
7. Paper products will not be replenished.
8. The air conditioning system is set at optimum temperatures, if you are too hot or too cold, the thermostat upstairs must be 2 degrees higher than the 1st floor, otherwise it doesn't work properly. A one story home has one thermostat and operates normally. Leave on AUTO/FAN settings and do NOT LOWER UNDER 70 DEGREES TO AVOID FREEZING UP. Please respect the owner by keeping the A/C at reasonable temperatures. Before leaving, please make sure the thermostat is raised to 80 degrees.
9. Maid service is 1 time after you check out.
10. Please call us with any questions/concerns!
11. Bath towels should not be used to clean up any spills or to clean home with. We will charge for ANY towels or linens that are stained or ruined.
12. EACH UNIT IS INSPECTED BY THE MAIDS AND AN EMPLOYEE OF RYSON AFTER CHECK-OUT. ANY DAMAGES OR MISSING ITEMS WILL BE CHARGED TO THE RENTER AS WELL AS AN EXCESSIVE CLEANING CHARGE OF UP TO $100 FOR UNITS LEFT IN BAD SHAPE. A SMOKING CHARGE OF $200 WILL APPLY FOR RENTERS WHO SMOKE INSIDE THE PROPERTY.
*When you check out*
1. Upon departure, it is required to place the garbage can at the street next to the driveway. Please make sure ALL trash is out of the house and in the trash receptacle. The trash can is on the decking under the house or located around the side of the house if there is no decking.
IF YOUR TRASH OR THE RECEPTACLE(S) HAVE TO BE MOVED BY STAFF, WE WILL BILL FOR THE COST TO HAVE THE TRASH HAULED OFF AND THE AMOUNT WILL BE BILLED TO THE CREDIT CARD WE ON FILE. FOR ANY HOME LOCATED ON THE WEST END, TRASH RUNS EARLY MONDAY MORNING, SO THE RECEPTACLES MUST BE PUT TO THE CURB ON OR BEFORE SUNDAY EVENING. ALL TRASH MUST BE IN PLASTIC GARBAGE BAGS BEFORE PLACING THEM IN THE RECEPTACLE. EACH PROPERTY HAS THE USE OF TWO TRASH CANS (FOUR IF STAYING THE WEEK) ANY ADDITIONAL TRASH WILL INCUR A TRASH HAULING FEE OF $35, IF THE AMOUNT IS EXCESSIVE AN ADDITIONAL $35 WILL BE CHARGED.
2. Rinse, load and start dishwasher.
3. Put all furniture back to original position found.
4. Please make sure that any seafood and meat is properly wrapped when placing in refrigerator. PLEASE DON'T OVERFILL THE REFRIGERATOR. IT WILL CAUSE THE REFRIGERATOR TO OVER WORK AND NOT COOL PROPERLY. IF YOU ARE FILLING UP THE REFRIGERATOR WITH A LOT FOOD AND/OR DRINKS, THE REFRIGERATOR CAN TAKE UP TO 24 HOURS TO COOL PROPERLY.
5. At Check-out make sure you collect all of your belongings. Should an item be left behind and it is necessary to mail it to the renter, a fee of $20.00 will apply, which will be deducted from the security deposit. If you lose the key to the property, there will be a $30 lost key charge. If you lock yourself out, you would have to go to Ryson's office to pick up another key (if it is after business hours, you will be provided with a lock box code). Make sure all windows and doors are locked.
We want each guest to have a great time. Enjoy your stay! We look forward to serving your vacation needs for years to come. Ryson also offers real estate services, as the owner is a licensed REALTOR.
Thanks again for being our guests!